Rocco’s blog

Just another myblog.arts site

Creative Sound Projects

Group project and contribution

For our collaboration we used a website called Miro which is a digital board where you can link ideas together.

Our initial idea was about dystopian futuristic films. Probably inspired by recent events but regardless was the idea we brainstormed. Using this as a visual concept, we created an idea which these films have in common, “using the future to represent the present”.

Using these concepts we also found the idea of reusing the “old for a modern setting”, while we suggested this in a music/sound sense, can also be used in any setting.

Accession was one of our title ideas but was later changed to something else. Retromania was referenced as its quote “new is always old and new at the same time” was similar to the previous concept.

For the album title, we got inspiration from the shining and some phrases were written down and each person voted on their favourites.

here are some album cover ideas we had, we decided on the top right image as it had a modern setting but with an older atmosphere. I suggested combining the top right with the bottom right image. I made an idea below to visualise it to them.

This wasn’t the final image but just made to show my idea off to the group.

I had an idea of the text, being an art deco look so I wrote my ideas down in caligraphy.

I created the final in GIMP with images I found online, I’m positive these are all usable and not copyrighted as I researched into them. The bottom left image is the fresh image from GIMP, and the others have filters on top. I chose the top right image as the final because it still retains the otherworldly landscape but also has a desaturated, antique look.